Cannabidiol is becoming more popular than ever as the public becomes aware of its many health benefits and therapeutic value. Otherwise known as CBD, Cannabidiol is among the more than 113 active compounds you can find in Cannabis belonging to a class known as cannabinoids. The reason it is increasingly getting traction, especially in social media and the web, is that you can now purchase it legally in all the 50 US states. You can virtually find it everywhere, so no need to worry about having access to this compound. It helps that the people are becoming more receptive of medical marijuana and a lot of legislation are passed in its support.
In comparison to another equally popular cannabinoid we often hear about, THC or 9-tetrahydrocannabinol, which is responsible for the majority of the psychological effects of cannabis, CBD is generally safer because it does not give you the high that you usually get from THC. CBD became more prominent after it actually stopped an epileptic seizure in front of the camera aside from the many other health benefits it offers. For instance, CBD aids in calming anxiety, fighting tumors, reducing nausea, and again, stopping spasm or a seizure activity in its track as well as offer relief to chronic pain sufferers. Nowadays, a lot of CBD manufacturers that sell pills, oils, gummies, and waxes give out free trials, so consumers can experience first-hand what it is like taking CBD. Just manage your expectations, though, as you won’t likely get the full-sized CBD bottle sold in the market but just a small sample. But hey, it’s for free. You can just be thankful and stop complaining.
What is CBD?
As mentioned, Cannabidiol or CBD is among the most prevalent compound of the cannabis plant. It is Cannabis Sativa’s (the marijuana plant) major nonpsychoactive component. It gives you total relaxation minus the intoxication people often complain about marijuana use. It’s the safer alternative to THC without foregoing the medical benefits offered by cannabis. It is commonly used in the form of an oil. CBD oil with high concentrations of CBD is ideal for patients diagnosed with chronic and debilitating conditions like epilepsy and cancer. It belongs to the classification, Schedule 1 – Controlled Substances since it is a marijuana-based product.
How does CBD Work?
A cannabinoid like CBD acts as an agonist that works by binding cannabinoid receptors, special receptors in your cells that are sensitive to cannabis. You can find these cannabinoid receptors in various parts and organs of the body like the skin, GI tract, as well as the reproductive organs. To better understand how CBD works, imagine an agonist as a key and the lock is the cannabinoid receptor. You are basically utilizing agonists to interact with the various locks on your body cells when taking CBD. As a whole, these cell receptors comprise the much bigger endocannabinoid system (ECS).
Examples of these receptors that are sensitive to cannabis are:
• Serotonin receptors – mood and stress management
• Vanilloid receptors – pain modulation
• Adenosine receptors – sleep-wake cycle
Considered by some experts as perhaps the largest neurotransmitter system in the body, the ECS is made up of a big network of multifunctional cell receptor proteins. Examples of such functions are:
• Motor control
• Immune function
• Bone development
• Pain perception
CBD produces its many health benefits by tapping into the ECS. It can interact well with human cells since the molecule resembles its molecular composition to certain body chemicals we already have known as endocannabinoids. Meanwhile, CBD is a phytocannabinoid that has now proven to possess life-saving properties we can all benefit from.
Health Benefits of CBD
• Management of epileptic disorders – considered as the fast-rising anti-epileptic treatment for epileptic seizures, CBD has shown an 84% reduction in the frequency of children experiencing seizures. Aside from that, patients diagnosed with epilepsy have experienced better mood, increased alertness, and improved sleep with the help of CBD. A CBD-based medication is now even being developed by a British pharmaceutical company and has already marked a successful phase III trial.
• Anti-cancer properties – CBD possesses an anti-tumor property that already managed to stop the spread of cancer cells in various types of cervical cancers by decreasing the cancer cells ability to produce energy, ultimately leading to their death. It has also shown a lot of promise in the treatment of other types of cancer like leukemia, colon cancer, breast cancer, and prostate cancer.
• Anti-inflammatory properties – CNB is a natural pain reliever by reducing neutrophil growth and migration to its targets. Experts are now considering CBD as a promising class of therapeutic agent that can help manage chronic pain.
• Anti-psychotic properties – Since CBD delivers the same results as THC minus its psychoactive qualities, schizophrenics can experience relief from the intake of CBD and even relieve anxiety or panic attacks leaving you feeling more calm and relaxed.
Get your First CBD Trial Bottle Today
Do not miss out on the chance to get your hands on your first trial bottle of CBD today. You can get your hands on a CBD oil, gummy bears, or pills today from manufacturers that offer free CBD trial. You’ll like the gummy bears for sure because of the delicious taste. You don’t have to wait for long since it only takes three days for your first bottle to arrive on the average. Just pay for shipping and handling. That’s all. These CBD gummy bears produce the same effects as the traditional CBD oil, just a different way of taking it. Don’t you just like living in America with perks like these?
With medical cannabis increasingly becoming legal in various states in the country, now is the best time to give CBD a try especially if you have been diagnosed with conditions that are known to benefit from cannabinoids such as arthritis, chronic pain, and many other chronic ailments. Join the growing number of medical cannabis users who are enjoying a better quality of life from innovative and seriously beneficial products like CBD.